When it comes to monitoring the activities of your children, Chromebook does it best. Google now provides integrated child monitoring features and also, there are many good child monitoring software that gives you the ability to monitor children’s activity on the internet and keep them safe. Chromebook monitoring software for parents are Chromebook monitoring software for parents gives you excellent features to monitor children from bad things are that are out there on the internet.
Supervised Users to set up Parental Control in Chromebook:
Google provides Parental Control to lock down an entire user account in a Chromebook. This feature helps keep their children safe from all the dangers of the internet. Chrome’s Supervised Users works by allowing you to create another chrome user profile for the children and manage them from just one parent account. Supervised User is a good alternative to Chromebook monitoring software for parents.
Below we have given the instructions on how to use the Supervised Users for parents.
- Open a new Chrome Tab and type chrome://flags
- Under Enable Supervised Users click on Enable
- Relaunch Chrome browser.
- The Security tab is used to set settings regarding Password Management, “Show Password” button, Screen lock, Incognito mode, browser history etc.
- You can use the bulb icon to know weather or not a chromebook is needed to use this feature.
- This offers settings over Malicious Sites and Geolocation.
- The startup settings is used to set the behavior of chrome during startup
- Use the Homepage field to enter the URL of the site to open when chrome launches.
- We can add sites to Black list but we can add exceptions to certain pages of the sites using the exception field.
- Supervised Users also allows us to enter download location. This will let us set the download location to the cloud. Setting the download location to the cloud is a very recommened setting.
- To use and manage the Supervised User, the account should be linked to the main Parent Account.
- Ensure that you are logged into Chromebook using your Google Account.
- In the Chromebook, log in to the Owner Account (The first account logged in while setting up).
- You can also disable Guest Browsing.
- Children can not use a different user account to fool the Supervised User account.
- In Chromebook use the add user button to add a new user. Make it a supervised user account.
- Create a new password for the Supervised User Account.
When the Supervised users try to access the restricted site, a notification is popped on the dashboard of the parent account. This can be useful for the parents to know what blocked sites their children are trying to access.
Another interesting solution for Chromebook monitoring software for parents is the Mobicip’s Parental Control.
Mobicip Parental Controls:
Mobicip Parental controls are one of the best solutions in the Chromebook monitoring software for parents. This chrome extension provides various options in the profile of a child. These options can be used to block or allows only certain sites based on the category, time of usage, search phrases and more. To use this extension, please follow the following instructions.
- Login to Mobicip using your Monicip account.
- Click on the Filter profile in the left pane.
- In the corresponding user, click on the settings drop down box.
- Now click on the edit filter settings to edit the setting of the particular user account.
- Categories let you block or allow sites based on their categories.
- Click on the categories tab, click on the category that you want to block or allow sites.
- Now click on the websites tab.
- Select the Whitelist (Allow) websites to allow sites and enter URL of the site you want to allow
- Select the Blocklist (Block) websites to block sites and enter URL of the site.
- Enter the Time limits tab and select your device time zone in the drop box.
- Now you can click on the particular hour that you want to restrict the activity or the entire day that you want to restrict the activity as shown in the figure. Click on the hour to restrict the hour and click on the day to restrict the day.
- Select the Phrase tab to enter the specific phrase that you want to block.
- In Networks tab, you can enter the IP address of the device to which Mobicip applies or range in case you have multiple devices to which Mobicip should apply.
- In the filter profile dashboard, you can select the level of filtering in the drop-down shown in the image.
Mobicip is a great tool as a Chromebook monitoring software for parents. Parents everywhere who have children using Chromebook rely on this extension to protect their children from all the harmful content available in the internet.
Let us look at an overview of the filtering features of Blocksi.
- In Blocksi, you can create your own web filter. You can click on different categories to see what is there to allow or block.
- You can see that by default, Security Risk, Unethical and Adult Content is blocked by default.
- In each category, there is subcategory that you can block or unblock by clicking the check boxes next to it.
- Now click on Save Changes.
- To create a custom Web Filter, Enter the name of the new filter with no spaces (as shown) and click on Create Filter.
- Here as well, you can choose which categories to block and allow.
- Black and Whitelist are used to making an exception to the block list.
- In that, just enter the URL to the site, and select to allow or block the site, and add to the list.
- In Content Filtering, just add the keywords to block related sites and search results.
- Similarly, App List will allow you to block or install certain apps.
- Go and create your own policy without spaces and click create policy.
- A pop-up dialog box shows up. Select the corresponding values in the drop-down box against them.
- Click on Save Changes.
- It is also possible to create an unfiltered policy.
- After making a policy, click on a device and make a timetable.
- Make sure to save your changes and the device will be filtered according to the filtering policy.
We had a brief overview of Chromebook monitoring software for parents. We saw the benefits of Supervised users in Chromebook and also saw its main features along with how to use it. We also saw third-party software like Mobicip and Blocksi and learned how to use it. Stay tuned to this site for more posts on Chromebook related software. If you have any queries regarding Chromebook monitoring software for parents, please ask us in the commets below. We will answer as soon as possible.
Be the first to write a comment.